Through generous donations, Buzzy’s Bees has been able to support the following families with a financial gift.
Buzzy's Recipients By Year
Through generous donations, Buzzy’s Bees has been able to support the following families with a financial gift. Gifts given in 2022 are made possible by a sustaining sponsorship provided by the Martin Family Real Estate Group.
- A mother in Hawaii who lost her 2-year-old child in a murder-suicide in March 2021 was gifted financial support. She used the money to take time away from work and pay for much needed counseling. She has since also gained support from the DUBS virtual meetings.
- A family from Baton Rouge, Louisiana whose child was stillborn. The family plans to use the funds to help cover funeral expenses. The paternal grandma reported that the funds would also cover some hospital bills.
- A Texas family whose 2-month-old child died of SIDS in April 2022. The family shared they plan to use the funds to cover funeral and cemetery costs.
- A family from Michigan whose child died of SIDS in January 2021, days before his first birthday. The family shared that they planned to use the funds to assist with outstanding utility bills, as well as for food and clothes for their other children.
- A family whose three-month-old child died of unknown causes in June 2022. They plan to use the financial support they received to pay for rent, bills, and funeral costs.
- A Michigan family lost their ten-month-old child from medical complications following a house fire in July 2022. The family shared they plan to use the funds to pay for funeral and cemetery expenses, as well as any financial hardships experienced while grieving.
- A five-day-old child from Ohio passed away after contracting an infection in July 2022. The family plans to use the support they received to cover funeral and cemetery costs.
- A mother lost her one-month-old after her child experienced complications following a fever in July 2022. The mother shared that the support would be used to cover funeral expenses, including the flowers.
Buzzy’s Bees thanks the Martin Family Real Estate Group for their directed annual pledge to provide funding for our Financial Gifts program. We are so grateful for this commitment and the opportunity it will bring for us to serve more families now and well into the future. Aubrey and Dan’s firstborn son, Garron, was born prematurely at 23 weeks after a normal, healthy pregnancy and he died shortly after birth. After his death, Aubrey worked for the March of Dimes as a Family Team Specialist as a fundraiser to help fund research to prevent prematurity. Aubrey and her family own and operate Martin Family Real Estate Group, whose business cornerstone is to give back to the community.
Thank you, Martin Family Real Estate – for your heart and your generous gift!