Through generous donations, Buzzy’s Bees has been able to support the following families with a financial gift.
Buzzy's Recipients By Year
Through generous donations, Buzzy’s Bees has been able to support the following families with a financial gift. Gifts given in 2021 are made possible by a sustaining sponsorship provided by the Martin Family Real Estate Group.
- An Oregon family lost their 3 month old son in March of 2021 to SIDS and is experiencing houselessness. The family plans to use their funds for an urn as well as basic living expenses.
- A single mom in Texas lost her son in March due to an asthma attack that exacerbated after being treated adequately. The funds will be used for a memorial as well as basic living expenses for her two remaining children.
- A family unexpectedly lost their 8 month old son after he suffered from unexplained seizures for four months. The family is expecting their second child in a few months and plan to use the funds to take time off, prepare for the new baby, and properly grieve.
- A social worker in Los Angeles reached out when she learned one of her clients lost her son in a car accident. The mom also has two teen daughters, and the three of them are experiencing houselessness. The funds will be used to put a deposit on a permanent place to live.
- A family in Oregon lost their 6 year old in a dirt bike accident. The family plans to use the funds for counseling for themselves and surviving child who reside in rural southern Oregon.
An 8 year old child died after suffering from burns in a house fire. The family lives in Pennsylvania. They were referred by a social worker at Olivia’s House.
- A 2 month old in California died unexpectedly in their parent’s arms. Their needs included funeral expenses and support services.
- A family who recently immigrated to Washington state lost their 2 year old unexpectedly after being discharged home following cardiac surgery. The family was referred to us by a social worker at Seattle Children’s who let us know that the funds will help the family transport their daughter back to Mexico for burial.
Buzzy’s Bees thanks the Martin Family Real Estate Group for their directed annual pledge to provide funding for our Financial Gifts program. We are so grateful for this commitment and the opportunity it will bring for us to serve more families now and well into the future. Aubrey and Dan’s firstborn son, Garron, was born prematurely at 23 weeks after a normal, healthy pregnancy and he died shortly after birth. After his death, Aubrey worked for the March of Dimes as a Family Team Specialist as a fundraiser to help fund research to prevent prematurity. Aubrey and her family own and operate Martin Family Real Estate Group, whose business cornerstone is to give back to the community.
Thank you, Martin Family Real Estate – for your heart and your generous gift!